Subject: [Rfc-markdown] New xml2rfc release: v2.47.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 14:09:29 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.47.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.47.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **CSS fixes, Built-in documentation, manpage mode, and more**

  The major feature in this release is the addition of built-in documentation
  generated from:

   - the actual XML schema distributed with the tool
   - the differences between the current schema and the RFC7991 schema
   - the code's settings for which elements and attributes are deprecated
   - text snippets describing the schema parts and how the code handles them.

  There are new --doc/--docfile and --man/--manpage switches; the first will
  generate documentation in the form of a v3 XML document that can then itself
  be processed to generate the various supported formats. The second, --man,
  will generate the documentation XML internally and then process it to text
  output which is shown with a pager, like 'man'.

  From the commit log:

  * Corrected the CSS line height of compact lists (it should not be different
    than for non-compact lists; compact should only affect spacing between
    items, not line height).  Also corrected the CSS top margin for nested
    lists; extra top margin is desired for a top-level list, but not when
    nesting them, due to the resulting inconsistency in apparent line height
    variations.

  * Changed <section> within <toc> from oneOrMore to zeroOrMore, in order to
    make it possible to honour the tocInclude setting, and reordered some
    true/false entries for consistency, and changed the line breaking of some
    lines in the RNG compact representation to fit on 72-character lines.

  * Added .rng and .rnc files with the RFC7991 schema, in order to be able to
    automatically determine which elements and attributes are new in the schema
    since 7991.

  * Added a new writer, 'doc', and template and text snippet files for 
    autogenerated documentation.

  * Updated the requirements file with some new module requirements.

  * Refactured the code a bit to make it more straightforward to generate 
    text without writing it out to file.

  * Moved the list of deprecated attributes to writers/base.py, and did some
    slight refactoring for consistent naming of some class variables and
    avoidance of duplicate parsing of the schema file.

  * Did some minor code cleanup and dead code removal, and corrected the 
    header generation for non-IETF documents (using <rfc ipr=''>).

  * Fixed an issue where XML parser errors could be reported for '<string>' 
    instead of the actual input file name.

  * Added new options --docfile/--doc and --manpage/--man, used to trigger
    generation and display of the built-in documentation.  Reorganised the
    option grouping.  Updated some option help strings.  Made it possible to
    propagate all command-line option information to the documentation template.

  * Corrected the default templates path.  This is related to change [3723].

  * Reverted a change from [3722] in the v2v3 converter.

  * Added a custom Jinja2 filter 'capfirst()', for use in the documentation 
    template.

  * Tweaked the documentation template: Some changed wording, support for 
    sub-items not wrapped in <t>, corrected capitalisation using the 'capfirst' 
    filter.

  * Updated hastext() and iscomment() to do the right thing if given 
    content with embedded xml processing instructions.

  * Tweaked the handling of default values for --date, so as to give better 
    documentation of the option, and also tweaked the help text for 
    --table-borders.

  * Added a class utility method to get any current PI related to a given 
    setting, and fixed another case of template path default value, related to 
    [3722].

  * Added PI support for text table borders setting, and improved the text 
    table output for transitions between <th> and <td> rows> for 'light' and 
    'minimal' borders.

  * Added makefile support for testing of the --manpage and --docfile 
    switches.  Added silencing of one unavoidable warning in the test of 
    --unprep.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  17 Jul 2020 14:07:39 -0700

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.47.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)