Subject: [Rfced-future] Issue 43: LLC and structure text

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 10:40:35 +0200

Joel,

As part of your April review you wrote:

> As discussed earlier, to confirm, the paragraph that states that the 
> LLC provides the structure for defining policies for the RFC Series 
> seems to not be grounded in prior discussion, and be wrong. In terms 
> of formal current authority, the authority for this activity comes 
> from the IAB, via the earlier RFCs. In terms of who beyond the 
> WG-to-be should have such authority, or how that WG could be changed, 
> is an interesting one that has not been discussed.

I believe the first sentence has been addressed.  Can you confirm this?

I would like to take up the formal authority question in a separate 
discussion.  With that understanding, are you okay with this issue being 
closed?

Eliot

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 11:21:56 -0400

Looking at the document, I am fine with closing this issue.
Thank you,
Joel