Subject: [Rfced-future] Call for Consensus: Issue 41 selection of RSWG chairs

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 18:52:24 +0200

As previously discussed Section 3.3.1 in the draft now reads as follows:

    The RSWG shall have two chairs, one appointed by the IESG and the
    other appointed by the IAB.  When the RSWG is formed, the chair
    appointed by the IESG shall serve for a term of one (1) year and the
    chair appointed by the IAB shall serve for a term of two (2) years;
    thereafter, chairs shall serve for a term of two (2) years, with no
    term limits on renewal.  The appointing bodies shall determine their
    own processes for making these appointments, such as provision for an
    open nominations period.  Community members who have concerns about
    the performance of an RSWG chair should direct their feedback to the
    relevant appointing body.  Each appointing body shall have the power
    to replace its appointed chair at its discretion at any time, with
    the replacement serving the remainder of the original chair's original
    chair's term.

We have previously discussed this text, and we now propose to close this 
issue, barring objections.  Those having concerns should raise them by 
the 10th of September.

Eliot

---

From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 13:21:19 -0400

On 8/27/2021 12:52 PM, Eliot Lear wrote:
> We have previously discussed this text, and we now propose to close 
> this issue, barring objections.  Those having concerns should raise 
> them by the 10th of September.
>
> Eliot
>
>
s/original chair's original chair's/original chair's/