Subject: [Rfced-future] Issue 18: Contract monitor(s) outside LLC?

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 12:17:18 +0200

Mike,

This question was driven by text in your original proposal last year.  
The question is whether we need to address text in this draft to discuss 
a contract monitor.  Is this issue OBE or is there text you believe is 
needed?

Thanks,

Eliot

---

From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 21:40:41 -0400

On 8/14/2021 6:17 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
> The question is whether we need to address text in this draft to 
> discuss a contract monitor.  Is this issue OBE or is there text you 
> believe is needed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eliot
>
>
This is tied inextricably to how much direction we purport to give to 
the LLC over hiring, firing, and management practices.  If we remove the 
various text directing that the LLC do x, y and z for evaluations, this 
can be removed.  If not, then I want to be clear that the LLC can't just 
delegate its contract management responsibilities to a random group of 
people ala the RSOC.

Typically, contract managers are employees of the contracting 
organization, or contractors specifically hired AND PAID to manage other 
contractors.  Both of those provide protection for the managed 
contractor in that the managers are bound directly and legally by the 
contracting organization's policies, and they can be fired for screwing up.

Later, Mike