Subject: [Rfced-future] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-02.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:18:49 +1200

This updates the exact phrase proposed for the IAB charter,
and includes a temporary note about the RFC2026 issue.
Comments welcome, of course.

Although I've mentioned this draft on the gendispatch list,
my feeling is that we should pass it on to the IAB Chair
and the General Area Director at the same time as our primary
draft, to be dealt with in parallel.

Regards
   Brian

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-02.txt
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:12:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IAB Charter Update for RFC Editor Model
        Author          : Brian E. Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-02.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2021-09-21

Abstract:
   This document updates the IAB Charter (RFC 2850) to be consistent
   with the new model for the RFC Editor (draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-
   model).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:25:19 +0200

I think gendispatch is expecting you to present, with the understanding 
that (a) it will be AD-sponsored and (b)  the IAB should give its 
conditional nod *first*, to be approved by the IESG but held by the AD 
until draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model is approved.  So it can go to the 
IAB at any time, and doesn't require this program's approval, since it 
will be managed at gendispatch.

Eliot