Subject: [Rfced-future] PROPOSE to CLOSE Issue 33: Update RFC 8730?

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:04:48 +0200

The only issue with the Independent Stream document is that the term 
"RSE" is used here and there.  I would propose that if this is the only 
change, we simply indicate that the old names can be viewed in this 
document as a synonym for the new name.  There is also one reference to 
the RSOC, but only in that the ISE is not under their authority.  I 
don't think that deserves an update on its own.

Some may disagree.  If so, please indicate by the 6th of October.

Eliot

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:44:02 -0600

> don't think that deserves an update on its own.

That seems reasonable to me.

Peter

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 14:03:32 +1200

> That seems reasonable to me.

Agreed, but from a quick glance, "RSE" doesn't map to "RSCE" but rather
to "the RFC editing function". Just state that any references to RSCOC can
be ignored.

I do suggest making this formally "Updates: 8730" so that any future reviser
of 8730 will take note.

   Brian

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 20:40:20 -0600

> I do suggest making this formally "Updates: 8730" so that any future reviser

Here is proposed text from my working copy:

###

Appendix B.  Changes from RFC 8728

B.1.  RFC Series Editor

   The RSWG and RSAB together provide a public process by which policies
   for the RFC Series can be defined.  It is expected that these bodies
   will therefore cover many of the responsibilities of the RFC Series
   Editor (RSE) as defined by [RFC8728].  For example, representation to
   the IETF (Section 2.1.2.1 of [RFC8728] is no longer necessary because
   IETF participants can get involved in the RSWG, because the IETF has
   a delegate on the RSAB, and because the RPC provides reports directly
   to the community.  In general, references in existing documents to
   the RSE can be taken as referring to the RSWG and RSAB or, more
   generally, the "RFC Editor function" under version 3 of the RFC
   Editor Model as described herein.

###

and...

###

Appendix D.  Updates to RFC 8730

   [RFC8730] refers several times to the RSE; these can be taken as
   referring to the RSWG and RSAB or, more generally, the "RFC Editor
   function" under version 3 of the RFC Editor Model as described
   herein.

   [RFC8730] refers to the RSOC; that reference is obsolete because this
   document does away with the RSOC.

###

/psa

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 14:58:00 +1200

Works for me.

Thanks
   Brian

On 23-Sep-21 14:40, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>>> the RSOC, but only in that the ISE is not under their authority.  

>> I