Subject: [Rfced-future] next steps for draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:33:24 +0200

Dear colleagues and IAB members,

Peter is in the process of putting the final touches on 
draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-04.  Once he releases that draft, we 
intend to begin the equivalent of WGLC on the document.  Once all issues 
that are raised during that WGLC are resolved, we will transmit the 
document to the IAB, and we expect the board to then start a broader 
community review.

In all likelihood, that review likely won't be ready to go until *after* 
the IETF meeting.  Therefore,  we propose to let the community know that 
community review is coming, and that in advance of that, they have an 
opportunity to raise any questions they have during the IETF time slot 
for the the program, which will be Wednesday, November 10th at 14:30 UTC.

ok?

Brian & Eliot

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 08:16:27 -0700

>
>
>  Once all issues that are raised during that WGLC are resolved, we will
> transmit the document to the IAB, and we expect the board to then start a
> broader community review.
>

Thanks for the proposed timeline and warning.  We look forward to the
document to review!

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 17:39:31 +0200

Thanks Eliot! I will mention this in the my IAB Chair slides during the plenary!

> On 21. Oct 2021, at 16:33, Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Peter is in the process of putting the final touches on draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-04.  Once he releases that draft, we intend to begin the equivalent of WGLC on the document.  Once all issues that are raised during that WGLC are resolved, we will       transmit the document to the IAB, and we expect the board to then start a broader community review.  
> 
> In all likelihood, that review likely won't be ready to go until after the IETF meeting.  Therefore,  we propose to let the community know that community review is coming, and that in advance of that, they have an opportunity to raise any questions they have during the IETF time slot for the the program, which will be Wednesday, November 10th at 14:30 UTC.
> 
> ok?
> 
> Brian & Eliot
> 
> <OpenPGP_0x87B66B46D9D27A33.asc>

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:48:30 -0600

To nudge things along, I've just posted -05:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-05

Peter