Subject: [Rfced-future] Reminder: IAB and IESG Search for RFC Series Working Group (RSWG) Chairs

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 10:00:51 -0700

The IAB is in the process of approving draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model 
[1], which specifies version 3 of the RFC Editor Model. In this model, 
policy definition is the joint responsibility of the RFC Series Working 
Group (RSWG), which produces policy proposals, and the RFC Series 
Approval Board (RSAB), which approves such proposals. As described in 
Section 3.1.1.3 of the document:

   The RSWG shall have two chairs, one appointed by the IESG and the
   other appointed by the IAB.  When the RSWG is formed, the chair
   appointed by the IESG shall serve for a term of one (1) year and the
   chair appointed by the IAB shall serve for a term of two (2) years;
   thereafter, chairs shall serve for a term of two (2) years, with no
   term limits on renewal. 

The IAB and the IESG are looking for a diverse pool of chair candidates, 
and therefore are issuing a joint call for nominations (including self-
nominations) for the RSWG chairs. If you are interested or would like to 
nominate someone, please send a message with the name and email address 
of the nominee to [email-masked]. The deadline for nominations is 23:59 
UTC on 2022-04-18.

In a second step, all nominees will then be asked to provide the 
following information to the IAB and IESG (self nominations may already 
include this information in the initial email):

 1. Full name and contact information. Include your employer or the 
    organizations that would provide financial support for you (if any).

 2. Please provide a statement confirming your willingness to serve as 
    RSWG chair and ability to devote an appropriate level of time to 
    activities associated with the position.

 3. Please provide a brief biography outlining your relevant experience 
    and background.

 4. Please provide a statement of interests, views on the RFC Series and 
    its Model, goals as a RSWG Chair and motivation to serve as a RSWG 
    Chair.

 5. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB and 
    IESG in considering your nomination, e.g., potential conflicts of 
    interest.

In a third step, the IAB and IESG will solicit community feedback on the 
willing candidates before making a decision. Each body will 
independently pick one co-chair.

On behalf of the IAB and the IESG,
Mirja Kühlewind, IAB Chair
Lars Eggert, IETF Chair

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model/