Subject: [rgchairs] rgchairs list management question

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:57:08 -0700

Folks-

I asked the secretariat to include the rgchairs list on IETF schedule 
announcements, typically only sent to the wgchairs list.  Now rgchairs is 
cc'ed on discussion of scheduling issues.  I have the rgchairs list set to 
moderate non-subscriber posts in mailman and now each message from a 
non-IRSG member gets held for moderation.  Besides spamming my inbox with 
mailman messages, it's a pain to release them as they arrive.

So, tell me what you would like: I can remove the moderation on the 
rgchairs list until this thread dies down and there will be a slight 
increase in spam, I can pass these messages on once or twice a day, or I 
can just discard them.

--aaron 

_______________________________________________
Rgchairs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rgchairs

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:09:39 -0700

Hi Aaron,

Aaron Falk wrote:

> increase in spam, I can pass these messages on once or twice a day, or 
> I can just discard them.
>
it would be good to have this thread to know where "Friday stands" :-)
Whichever mode works for you is fine.

-Rajeev

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:36:33 -0700

Hi Aaron,

This "Friday" discussion is getting old but it may be easier for us to 
deal with it as end points rather than have you spend time moderating. 
That is fine with me ...

Bill

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:55:59 -0700

> deal with it as end points rather than have you spend time moderating.

Yes, well that is a reason why you may not want to be on the wgchairs list. 
It tends to plunge into ratholes with great gusto from time to time.  I 
will unmoderate the rgchairs list.  Complain if you can't stand the spam 
increase.  I don't think it will be large as the list is not well 
known...yet.

--aaron

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:56:51 -0700

--aaron

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:58:55 -0700

Let's give it a trial (-:

Bill

On Jul 14, 2005, at 12:55 PM, Aaron Falk wrote:

> Yes, well that is a reason why you may not want to be on the wgchairs 
> list. It tends to plunge into ratholes with great gusto from time to 
> time.  I will unmoderate the rgchairs list.  Complain if you can't 
> stand the spam increase.  I don't think it will be large as the list 
> is not well known...yet.