Subject: [rmcat] rmcat adoption call for draft-sarker-rmcat-cellular-eval-test-cases-02

From: Karen Elisabeth Egede Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:58:41 -0500

The RMCAT wg considers the wireless environment, including the cellular
environment,

an important use case for its congestion control algorithm(s). Consensus
for this was

clearly established at the RMCAT session in Dallas IETF meeting.

It is recognized that the wireless, including the cellular, environment is
a complex environment, but

the wg considers it to be feasible to produce a number of simple tests
cases

which one may realistically perform without access to proprietary equipment.

Following this, the RMCAT wg is considering adoption of the draft:

draft-sarker-rmcat-cellular-eval-test-cases-02,

as basis for the specification of wireless, including cellular, tests cases
for

evaluation of RMCAT  congestion control algorithm(s).

This draft has been discussed at previous IETF RMCAT meetings and on the
list.

The present envisaged approach is that the resulting work will be merged

with the existing draft-ietf-rmcat-eval-test document prior to publication.

At the present Dallas IETF meeting  the document received support from the

people present in the meeting room and at Jabbar, as being a good starting
point

for the purpose in question, and no comments against were given.

The WG chairs now invite any further comments on this adoption. If there

are concerns or comments about adoption please send comments to the list

or to the Chairs.

The adoption call ends April 20, 2015.

Mirja and Karen

RMCAT Co-Chairs.