Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:50:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : NADA: A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media
        Authors         : Xiaoqing Zhu
                          Rong Pan
                          Michael A. Ramalho
                          Sergio Mena de la Cruz
                          Charles Ganzhorn
                          Paul E. Jones
                          Stefano D'Aronco
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2015-04-28

Abstract:
   Network-Assisted Dynamic Adaptation (NADA) is a novel congestion
   control scheme for interactive real-time media applications, such as
   video conferencing. In NADA, the sender regulates its sending rate
   based on either implicit or explicit congestion signaling in a
   consistent manner. As one example of explicit signaling, NADA can
   benefit from explicit congestion notification (ECN) markings from
   network nodes. It also maintains consistent sender behavior in the
   absence of explicit signaling by reacting to queuing delay and packet
   loss.

   This document describes the overall system architecture for NADA, as
   well as recommended behavior at the sender and the receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 23:01:05 +0000

Hi, 

This is essentially a resubmission of the latest individual draft as a WG
Document.

I did take this opportunity to fix one minor issue with notation overload
in Sec. 4.1. Otherwise no changes.

Thanks,
Xiaoqing