Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 08:47:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Shared Bottleneck Detection for Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media.
        Authors         : David Hayes
                          Simone Ferlin
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-07-01

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism to detect whether end-to-end data
   flows share a common bottleneck.  It relies on summary statistics
   that are calculated by a data receiver based on continuous
   measurements and regularly fed to a grouping algorithm that runs
   wherever the knowledge is needed.  This mechanism complements the
   coupled congestion control mechanism in draft-welzl-rmcat-coupled-cc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Hayes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:27:13 +0200

Dear Group,

We have submitted a new revision of the draft. Work has continued 
improving the overall robustness of the mechanism.
Key improvements in the draft include:
	1. Moving the unbiased skew estimate section to replace the original 
skew estimate,
	2. Introduction of a more robust variability estimator,
	3. Revision of the clock skew section with a place holder for the 
moment
	   (though we will show some results in Prague), and
	4. A description of key parameters and how they influence the 
mechanism.

Feedback hoped for :)

Kind regards,

David

---------- Forwarded message ----------

 From: [email-masked]
Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-01.txt
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 17:47:46 +0200
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance 
Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Shared Bottleneck Detection for Coupled 
Congestion Control for RTP Media.
        Authors         : David Hayes
                          Simone Ferlin
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-07-01

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.