Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:41:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques of the IETF.

        Title           : Modeling Video Traffic Sources for RMCAT Evaluations
        Authors         : Xiaoqing Zhu
                          Sergio Mena de la Cruz
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This document describes two reference video traffic source models for
   evaluating RMCAT candidate algorithms.  The first model statistically
   characterizes the behavior of a live video encoder in response to
   changing requests on target video rate.  The second model is trace-
   driven, and emulates the encoder output by scaling the pre-encoded
   video frame sizes from a widely used video test sequence.  Both
   models are designed to strike a balance between simplicity,
   repeatability, and authenticity in modeling the interactions between
   a video traffic source and the congestion control module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 16:44:41 +0000

Hi, 

Here is the new version of the video-traffic-model draft.  The main update is in Section 7, in which we now describe in detail how a hybrid approach can combine Statistical model for the transient state and Trace-based model for steady-state.  

The example criteria for determining whether a target rate update should trigger transient state is based on our observations from the collection of x264 traces shared in the last meeting.

Additional comments and input are welcome.

Thanks,
Xiaoqing 
________________________________________
From: rmcat <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 11:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-01.txt

Abstract: