Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 05:49:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques of the IETF.

        Title           : Coupled congestion control for RTP media
        Authors         : Safiqul Islam
                          Michael Welzl
                          Stein Gjessing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2016-12-07

Abstract:
   When multiple congestion controlled RTP sessions traverse the same
   network bottleneck, combining their controls can improve the total
   on-the-wire behavior in terms of delay, loss and fairness.  This
   document describes such a method for flows that have the same sender,
   in a way that is as flexible and simple as possible while minimizing
   the amount of changes needed to existing RTP applications.  It
   specifies how to apply the method for the NADA congestion control
   algorithm, and provides suggestions on how to apply it to other
   congestion control algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:26:15 +0000

WG,

The authors recently submitted draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-05. Following the discussion in the working group session at IETF 97 in Seoul, this moves the text on how to use coupled congestion control with the Google congestion control (GCC) algorithm from the main text to an appendix, and makes the reference to GCC informative. The rest of the document is updated to use NADA as the example, rather than NADA and GCC. These changes are intended to prevent the coupled congestion control draft from blocking on a normative reference to GCC, since the GCC draft is not yet finished. They are not intended to change the scope of the work.

The authors have also taken the opportunity to add some minor clarifications to the general recommendations, adding text on Stateful algorithms and Rate Jumps, in what is now Section 6.2 of the draft.

This draft has completed working group last call. However, since there was some discussion around these changes in the meeting, the chairs would like to re-open the working group last call for an additional week to ensure there are no objections. If you object to the changes in this version of the draft, please comment to the list by 16 December 2016. If there are no objections, the chairs will prepare the write-up to send this to the IESG in early 2017.

Colin
(as WG co-chair)

> On 7 Dec 2016, at 13:49, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 

-- 
Colin Perkins
https://csperkins.org/