Subject: [rmcat] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-06.txt> (Video Traffic Models for RTP Congestion Control Evaluations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 09:46:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance
Techniques WG (rmcat) to consider the following document: - 'Video Traffic
Models for RTP Congestion Control Evaluations'
  <draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes two reference video traffic models for
   evaluating RTP congestion control algorithms.  The first model
   statistically characterizes the behavior of a live video encoder in
   response to changing requests on target video rate.  The second model
   is trace-driven, and emulates the output of actual encoded video
   frame sizes from a high-resolution test sequence.  Both models are
   designed to strike a balance between simplicity, repeatability, and
   authenticity in modeling the interactions between a live video
   traffic source and the congestion control module.  Finally, the
   document describes how both approaches can be combined into a hybrid
   model.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.