Subject: [rmcat] Hackathon code for draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message

From: Sergio Mena <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 14:27:46 +0200

Hello,

I found some spare time to tidy up the Firefox/WebRTC code we developed 
during last two IETF hackathons in Bangkok (IETF103) and Prague (IETF104).

During last avtcore and rmcat meetings, I perceived some interest in the 
room on potentially introducing CCFB in WebRTC, hence I am making our 
code available in case it can be useful.

You can find the code in the "ccfb" Git branch of my Firefox repo fork:

https://github.com/sergio-mena/gecko-dev/tree/ccfb

All our code is between commits 2cd33e4e03ce..dc93b019beb5

A few comments:

* The bulk of the code is the result of porting the initial 
implementation we made for ns3-rmcat, which is our open source 
simulation testbed for rmcat algorithms: https://github.com/cisco/ns3-rmcat

* This branch is mainly the result of the two Hackathons, so don't 
expect plenty of unit tests. Additionally, there is a known problem 
whereby each CCFB packet gets deserialized three times.

* At the end of the last hackathon we ran successful interop tests with 
Jonathan Lennox's independent proprietary implementation of CCFB (also 
coded during the hackathons).

* The code has been updated to implement version -03 of the draft.

Finally, the Firefox branch we worked on contains a two-year-old version 
of WebRTC. Unfortunately, a "git rebase" of the branch to the latest 
Firefox nightly yields many conflicts with WebRTC classes. I will see if 
I can find some spare time to solve those conflicts after the vacation 
break.

Thanks,

Sergio