Subject: [rmcat] RFC 8593 on Video Traffic Models for RTP Congestion Control Evaluations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 18:35:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8593

        Title:      Video Traffic Models for RTP 
                    Congestion Control Evaluations 
        Author:     X. Zhu, 
                    S. Mena,
                    Z. Sarker
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44193
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8593

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8593

This document describes two reference video traffic models for
evaluating RTP congestion control algorithms.  The first model
statistically characterizes the behavior of a live video encoder in
response to changing requests on the target video rate.  The second
model is trace-driven and emulates the output of actual encoded video
frame sizes from a high-resolution test sequence.  Both models are
designed to strike a balance between simplicity, repeatability, and
authenticity in modeling the interactions between a live video
traffic source and the congestion control module.  Finally, the
document describes how both approaches can be combined into a hybrid
model.

This document is a product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC