Subject: [rmcat] SCReAM RC Car demos

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:19:30 +0000

Hi

Unless you are tired of remote control cars, a few reasonably new videos to
look at during the IETF coffee breaks

A test drive in an underground mine (Kankberg, Boliden, Sweden) with 5G NR
access (3.5GHz). The peak throughput is more than 60Mbps in uplink, which
means that both the front and rear camera video coders max out at ~28 and
12Mbps, giving a total bitrate of ~40Mbps, it is only at the remote end of
the tunnel that the coverage is decreasing enough to reduce the throughput.
In other words, congestion control-wise it is not so exciting, but at least
the car got a decent workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QxdTP3jB0

A “winter wonderland-ish” test drive with LTE access, on the 5G test site in
Luleå, Sweden. The coverage is a bit limited and the congestion control
limits the bitrate accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU1crtEvMv4

Note!. The video is grabbed from screen with simplescreenrecorder and
encoded, on top of that , an additional video coding is done in the editing,
finally an additional encoding is done when the video is uploaded to
YouTube. 

The actual video on screen is few notches better than what is seen on the
videos.

/Ingemar

================================

Ingemar Johansson  M.Sc. 

Master Researcher

Ericsson Research

Network Protocols & E2E Performance

Labratoriegränd 11

971 28, Luleå, Sweden

Phone +46-1071 43042

SMS/MMS +46-73 078 3289

[email-masked]

www.ericsson.com

      Is there a time for different colors?

  Different names you find it hard to spell
                    U2 - Miss Sarajevo 

=================================