Subject: NGC 2000 Call for Papers

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S
                          D U E :   J U N E   5 T H

                      The 2nd International Workshop on
                   Networked Group Communication (NGC 2000)
                            November 8-10, 2000
                            Stanford University
                         Palo Alto, California, USA

    Organized by Sprint and COST 264 in cooperation with ACM Sigcomm

                      ---------------------------------

 Scope of the Conference
 -----------------------

 The aim of the Workshop is to allow researchers and practioners to
 present the design and implementation techniques for networked group
 communication. The focus of the Workshop is strictly on multicast and
 networked group communication. This Workshop is the second and only
 international event in this area (first workshop was in Pisa, Italy,
 in November 1999).

 The workshop will start with half day tutorials on the 8th. The
 technical program will include two keynotes and invited talks on the
 9th and the 10th of November 2000.

 Authors are invited to submit papers on any issue related to networked
 group communication, including but not limited to:

      multicast congestion control
      multicast routing, naming, address allocation
      scalability in multicast services
      reliable and semi-reliable multicast protocols
      novel multicast architectures
      multicast security
      multicast deployment related issues
      multicast over heterogeneous media
      multipeer applications (distributed interactive apps, games, DIS)
      QoS issues with multicast
      Pricing and economic model for multicast traffic
      group management techniques
      network engineering for multicast services

 Paper Submission Guidelines
 ---------------------------

 Papers must be less than 20 double-spaced pages long, have an abstract
 of 100-150 words, and be original material that has not been previously
 published nor is currently under review by another conference or journal.
 Authors must submit papers electronically, using the instructions at
 http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/ngc2000/ (NOTE:  paper submission will be available
 starting May 15th).

 The Proceedings of the Workshop will be published by ACM and papers will
 be available on-line prior to the workshop.

 Important Dates
 ---------------

      Paper Submission:       June 5, 2000
      Author Notification:    August 28, 2000
      Camera Ready:           September 11, 2000

             -----------------------------------------------

 For more information, visit the workshop WWW page at:

                   http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/ngc2000/