Subject: SIGCOMM Student Travel Grants due June 22

From: Brian Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:57:06 -0400 (EDT)

The application deadline for Sigcomm 2000 Student Travel Grants is fast
approaching. This year, we are fortunate and expect to receive funding
from the NSF, ACM SIGCOMM, and the Nokia Corporation! Thanks to our
generous benefactors, we are expecting to fund quite a large number of
students.

The committee strongly prefers to give grants to students who are not
paper authors, though such students are welcome to apply. Other criteria
will include evidence of a serious interest in networking, as demonstrated
by coursework and project experience. ACM SIGCOMM encourages participation
of women and under-represented minorities. The amount of support provided
to each student is intended to cover the student's travel, food and
lodging for four nights. Students throughout the world are encouraged to
apply, however, funding from NSF is limited solely to US students.

The recipients of the travel grants will be decided by a committee
including

   Brian Neil Levine, U. Massachusetts Amherst, USA
   Ellen Zegura, Georgia Tech, USA 
   Roch Guerin, U. Pennsylvania, USA 
   Luigi Rizzo, Universit di Pisa, Italy

An application for a travel grant will consist of a letter from the
student and a recommendation letter from the student's advisor. Please see
the conference web site for important details regarding each letter.

Send application and recommendation letters by email to Brian Levine,
[email-masked], in ASCII, Postscript or PDF format. Use the same
email address also for questions on the ACM SIGCOMM travel grant program.

Important Dates:

Application deadline: June 22, 2000 
Notification date:    July 6, 2000

http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000

Please accept my apologies if you receive this message from multiple
sources or if I have disrupted your mailing list.

Sincerely,

Brian Neil Levine
Department of Computer Science
UMass Amherst