Subject: NGC CFP (Deadline June 5th)

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 07:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

The paper submission deadline is June 5th.

	           C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                 The 2nd International Workshop on
              Networked Group Communication (NGC 2000)
                       November 8-10, 2000
		       Stanford University
                    Palo Alto, California, USA

          Organized by Sprint, Cisco Systems, and COST 264 
                  in cooperation with ACM Sigcomm

                 ---------------------------------

Scope of the Conference
-----------------------

The aim of the Workshop is to allow researchers and practioners to 
present the design and implementation techniques for networked group 
communication. The focus of the Workshop is strictly on multicast and 
networked group communication. This Workshop is the second and only 
international event in this area (first workshop was in Pisa, Italy, 
in November 1999).

The workshop will start with half day tutorials on the 8th. The 
technical program will include two keynotes and invited talks on the 
9th and the 10th of November 2000.

Authors are invited to submit papers on any issue related to networked 
group communication, including but not limited to: 

     multicast congestion control 
     multicast routing, naming, address allocation 
     scalability in multicast services 
     reliable and semi-reliable multicast protocols 
     novel multicast architectures 
     multicast security 
     multicast deployment related issues 
     multicast over heterogeneous media 
     multipeer applications (distributed interactive apps, games, DIS) 
     QoS issues with multicast 
     Pricing and economic model for multicast traffic 
     group management techniques 
     network engineering for multicast services 

The Proceedings of the Workshop will be published by ACM and papers will 
be available on-line prior to the workshop.

Paper Submission Guidelines
---------------------------

Papers must be less than 20 double-spaced pages long, have an abstract 
of 100-150 words, and be original material that has not been previously 
published nor is currently under review by another conference or journal.
Authors must submit papers electronically, using the instructions at
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/ngc2000/

Important Dates
---------------

     Paper Submission:       June 5, 2000
     Author Notification:    August 28, 2000
     Camera Ready:           September 11, 2000

	    -----------------------------------------------

For more information, visit the workshop WWW page at:

		  http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/ngc2000/