Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tree-config-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:31:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Reliable Multicast Transport Building Block: Tree 
                          Auto-Configuration
	Author(s)	: M. Kadansky, B. Levine, D. Chiu, 
                          B. Whetten, G. Taskale, B. Cain, D. Thaler, S. Koh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tree-config-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 28-Nov-00
	
The Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group has been chartered to
standardize multicast transport services. This working group expects
to initially standardize three protocol instantiations. This draft is
concerned with the requirements of the tree-based ACK protocol. In
particular, it is concerned with defining the building block for
auto-configuration of the logical ACK-tree. According to the charter,
a building block is 'a coarse-grained modular component that is
common to multiple protocols along with abstract APIs that define a
building block's access methods and their arguments.'  For more
information, see the Reliable Multicast Transport Building Blocks and
Reliable Multicast Design Space documents [WLKHFL00][HWKFV00].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tree-config-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tree-config-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tree-config-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.