Subject: NGC2001 CfP - call for papers, networked group communications workshop

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:57:24 +0100

apols for x-posting, but i think this is relevant and of interest to
many on these lists and we dont have a tool to remove duplicates at
send time:-(

	           C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                 The 3rd International Workshop on
              Networked Group Communication (NGC 2001)
                       November 7-9, 2001
			       UCL
			    London, England

		  Organized by UCL and COST 264 
                  in cooperation with ACM Sigcomm
                 ---------------------------------

Scope of the Conference
-----------------------

The aim of the Workshop is to allow researchers and practioners to 
present the design and implementation techniques for networked group 
communication, as well as performance analysis and evaluation of such
mechanisms. The focus of the Workshop is on multicast and networked group 
communication, right up to session and application level control
mechanisms and services. This Workshop is the third and only 
international event in this area (first workshop was in Pisa, Italy, 
in November 1999; the second was at Stanford, USA, in November 2000).

The workshop will start with half day tutorials on the 7th. The 
technical program will include two keynotes and invited talks on the 
8th and the 9th of November 2001. There may also be a panel discussion
as well as a poster session.

Authors are invited to submit papers on any issue related to
networked group communication, including: 

       application layer multicast and content distribution 
       multipeer applications (distributed interactive applications, games, DIS) 
       applications and services enabled through multicast 
       use of group communication mechanisms to support control plane tasks 
       scalability: overheads, stability, analysis, experiments 
       economic models 
       novel group communication architectures 
       routing, naming, address allocation 
       group and session management techniques 
       QoS and network engineering 
       reliable and semi-reliable protocols 
       wireless and mobile multicast 
       security 
       adaption and congestion control for group communication 
       heterogeneous group communication 
       deployment related issues 

The Proceedings of the Workshop will be published by ACM and papers will 
be available on-line prior to the workshop.

Paper Submission Guidelines
---------------------------

Papers must be less than 20 double-spaced pages long, have an abstract 
of 100-150 words, and be original material that has not been previously 
published nor is currently under review by another conference or journal.
Authors must submit papers electronically, using the instructions at
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/ngc2001/

Important Dates
---------------
     Paper Submission:       June 4, 2001
     Author Notification:    August 10, 2001
     Camera Ready:           September 10, 2001
	    -----------------------------------------------
For more information, visit the workshop WWW page at:
		  http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/ngc2001/