Subject: Java FEC Library Changes Maintainers

From: Justin Chapweske <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:27:42 -0500

The Java Forward Error Correction (FEC) Library has grown beyond its 
Swarmcast beginnings and is now being maintained by Onion Networks 
(http://onionnetworks.com/). FEC is an essential component of any 
reliable multicast solution, and this library is the fastest and most 
mature Java solution available.  It features:

    * Fast multi-threaded I/O routines for encoding and decoding files
    * Native linux, solaris, and win32 accellerators with pure Java fallback
    * Automatic deployment of native accellerators
    * FEC codec plugin interface
    * Cryptograhic hashes can be used for checking file integrity

The library is based on Luigi Rizzo's original C FEC library, and is 
under a BSD-style license.  

The library can be found at http://onionnetworks.com/components.html and 
commercial support from Onion Networks is available.

Thanks,

--
Justin Chapweske, Onion Networks
http://onionnetworks.com/