Subject: [Rmt] MMNS 2002 Preliminary CFP

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:54:12 -0800 (PST)

IFIP/IEEE International Conference on
	    Management of Multimedia Networks and Services

			      MMNS 2002
		  Managing IP Multimedia End-To-End

			  October 6-9, 2002
			Santa Barbara, CA USA
	      http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/MMNS02

CALL FOR PAPERS

With the popularity of the IP-based Internet, there has been a major
shift towards building a worldwide, all-service and all-media network
based on the next-generation of IP technology. Rich multimedia is
increasingly being incorporated into Internet applications (like
Voice-over-IP, streaming video, etc.). However, more work is needed to
evolve the Internet and the underlying networking technologies into an
infrastructure capable of supporting all-service and all-media
traffic. Significant management functionality is required to ensure
that these applications have a network that is both capable and
available.  Management requirements may ensue from the fact that
multimedia traffic may traverse networks using a wide variety of
technology and each network may be owned, operated, and controlled by
a different organization.  In order to provide end-to-end, high
quality multimedia services, the network must provide robust
management functionality.

The IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia
Networks and Services will hold its fifth annual meeting Oct. 6
through Oct. 9, 2002 in Santa Barbara, CA. The IFIP/IEEE MMNS is a
single-track conference and provides an intimate setting for
discussion and debate.  The program committee is soliciting original
papers describing research in the area of management of multimedia
networks and services. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to, the following:

  o End-to-end IP multimedia network and service management
  o VoIP service management
  o IP Video, streaming, interactive video service management
  o Provisioning of multimedia networks and services
  o Wireless and mobile multimedia network management
  o Optical multimedia network management
  o Cable multimedia network management
  o Multimedia network traffic engineering and optimization
  o Distributed multimedia service management
  o Network management models and architectures
  o Billing and security for multi-media services
  o Resource, performance and fault management
  o Multi-point, multicast services management
  o Network programmability for multimedia services
  o Policy-based management for multimedia services
  o QoS management
  o Multimedia traffic management
  o Multimedia content protection
  o Deployment of multimedia services
  o Active multimedia network management
  o Multimedia session management
  o Middleware support for management

PAPER SUBMISSION

Papers must be submitted electronically in postscript or PDF format.
Detailed instructions are provided on the conference web site,
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/MMNS02. Paper length is limited to
20 double-spaced pages. The paper's cover page must include: title of
paper, authors' names and affiliations, contact author's name and
address (both postal and electronic), a short abstract, keywords, and
submission area (from the list of relevant topics of interest). For
any further information, please refer to the conference home page or
direct your questions to [email-masked].

IMPORTANT DATES

  Submission deadline:		April 7, 2002
  Notification of acceptance:	June 30, 2002
  Final version:		July 28, 2002
  Conference:			October 6-9, 2002

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS

  Kevin Almeroth, UC-Santa Barbara
  Masum Hasan, Cisco Systems

  See the WWW page for Program Committee:
     http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/conferences/MMNS02/committees.html

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt