Subject: RE: [Rmt] time-lined static media with FLUTE & IMG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:06:51 +0200

Hi Magnus,

One comment to your email.

> What I understand of the RMT work is that you haven't really 
> look into how to define session descriptions that actually work with 
> any protocol instantiation.
> 

Actually FLUTE-00 had the following example definition:

"

   v=0
   o=user123 2890844526 2890842807 IN IP6 2201:056D::112E:144A:1E24
   s=File delivery session example
   i=More information
   t=2873397496 2873404696
   a=source-filter: incl IN IP6 * 2001:210:1:2:240:96FF:FE25:8EC9
   a=flute-tsi:3
   a=flute-ch:2
   m=application 12345 FLUTE 0
   c=IN IP6 FF1E:03AD::7F2E:172A:1E24/127
   m=application 12346 FLUTE 0
   c=IN IP6 FF1E:03AD::7F2E:172A:1E30/127

"

However, in RMT WG we decided to leave this out of the specification since SDP
is just one way to describe the session. Also, this clearly belongs to MMUSIC 
(home of SDP) rather than RMT.

Toni

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:45:21 +0100

Hi,

Regarding the session announcement.

Having an example is a far from having a real document defining the 
necessary syntax. I agree that there are several ways of performing 
announcement, much depending on the application.

I do agree that the work of defining the parameters is needed to be done 
in co-operation with the the relevant WG, i.e. if SDP is going to be 
defined MMUSIC as pointed out is the correct group.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]