Subject: [Rmt] Proposal for RMT wg item

From: "Michael Luby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:35:06 -0800

RMT colleagues,

At the recent IETF there was an individual draft submission that can be
obtained by clicking on the link below:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-00.t
xt

A presentation on this draft was also made during the RMT meeting, which can
be obtained by clicking on the link below:
http://www1.ietf.org/proceedings_new/04nov/slides/rmt-2/sld1.htm

The proposal is to make this an RMT wg item.  Please send any comments to
the list.

Regards, Mike Luby

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:46:13 +0000

>The proposal is to make this an RMT wg item.  Please send any comments to

In the WG meeting, I asked if the RAND terms of Digital Fountain's
patent licensing would permit open-source implementations, and you
said you'd look into this.  Any progress to report?

For those who weren't there: this is extremely cool technology.  I
encourage you to take a look at it.

 - Mark