Subject: [Rmt] Other pieces of FEC for streaming in 3GPP

From: "Mike Luby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:05:24 -0800

Magnus sent an interesting email to the avt list about work going on within
3GPP that is relevant to avt, and Rod Walsh was kind enough to forward this
email to the rmt list since this work is also relevant to rmt.   To complete
the story of what is going on within 3GPP, in addition to the link to
S4-AHP159.zip that Magnus provided in his original email, please also see:

http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/Ad-hoc_PSM/Docs/S4-AHP181.zip 

This document summarizes the 3GPP agreement made at the meeting, and this
document was approved at the 3GPP meeting.

http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/Ad-hoc_PSM/Docs/S4-AHP138.zip

http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/Ad-hoc_PSM/Docs/S4-AHP166.zip

These two documents describe some considerations in the FEC packet and
source block architecture, and along with S4-AHP159.zip, are referenced in
S4-AHP181.zip.

Mike Luby.

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext

Magnus Westerlund

Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 5:37 PM

To: IETF AVT WG

Subject: [AVT] Work on FEC framework for RTP within 3GPP

Hi,

I would like to make all aware of the work on a FEC framework for RTP 

that is ongoing within the 3GPP SA4. It was agreed in the SA4 ad hoc 

meeting 11-13th of October on a working assumption that is according to:

http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/Ad-hoc_PSM/Docs/S4-AHP159.zip

with the following changes:

- The FEC stream and the original data stream will be SSRC multiplexed 

instead of session multiplexed.

- The FEC payload header (the "FEC Tag") will be moved from last in the 

payload to first in the payload for the original stream format.

3GPP SA4 will continue to work in neckbreaking speed on this. A proposal 

for specification text for this FEC framework is expected to be 

available in time for the next SA4 meeting (22-26th Nov). The 

specification text needs to be approved on that meeting to meet the 

current deadline.

Comments on the approach is solicited.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt