Subject: [Rmt] RFC 3941 on Negative-Acknowledgment (NACK)-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Building Blocks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:06:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3941

        Title:      Negative-Acknowledgment (NACK)-Oriented Reliable
                    Multicast (NORM) Building Blocks
        Author(s):  B. Adamson, C. Bormann, ,M. Handley J. Macker
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       November 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 92785
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-norm-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3941.txt

This document discusses the creation of negative-acknowledgment
(NACK)-oriented reliable multicast (NORM) protocols.  The rationale
for NORM goals and assumptions are presented.  Technical challenges
for NACK-oriented (and in some cases general) reliable multicast
protocol operation are identified.  These goals and challenges are
resolved into a set of functional "building blocks" that address
different aspects of NORM protocol operation.  It is anticipated that
these building blocks will be useful in generating different
instantiations of reliable multicast protocols.

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt