Subject: [Rmt] LDPC FEC I-D available

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:37:38 +0200

Hi all,

A new Internet-draft on an LDPC FEC BB is now available:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-rmt-ldpc-00.txt

--------------
Abstract
   This document describes an Under-Specified FEC Scheme that can be
   used with the broad class of Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) codes
   and their application to the reliable delivery of objects on packet
   erasure channels.  Additionally, this document describes the LDPC-
   Staircase and LDPC-Triangle Forward Error Correction codes, two
   instances of the LDPC FEC Scheme, in a way that enables fully inter-
   operable implementations.  The LDPC codes belong to the class of
   large block FEC codes, as defined in RFC3453, which enables them to
   efficiently encode/decode large objects, in a single block.  They
   also enable a receiver to recover the k source symbols from any set
   of a little bit more than k encoding symbols.
--------------

Comments are of course welcome.
Cheers,

  Vincent/Christoph/David

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt