Subject: [Rmt] FLUTE File Aggregation Internet-draft available

From: Christoph Neumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:16:46 +0200

Hi all,

A new version of the FLUTE File Aggregation Internet-draft is now available:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-neumann-rmt-flute-file-aggregation-01.txt

--------------
Abstract
   This document introduces a logical and physical file aggregation
   scheme for File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport (FLUTE).  The
   logical file aggregation mechanism is a generalized grouping
   mechanism, allowing to logically group files.  The physical file
   aggregation scheme allows, additionally to a logical grouping, to
   more efficiently use Forward Error Correction (FEC) in the context of
   FLUTE, in particular when dealing with a large number of "small"
   files.  Unlike a solution based on the creation of an archive, the
   object aggregation scheme (1) avoids the need to perform preliminary
   transformations on the content and (2) preserves the possibility to
   extract a subset of the content, which may be critical aspect with
   some partially reliable broadcasting test cases.

Comments are welcome.
Cheers,

  Christoph/Vincent/Rod

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt