Subject: [Rmt] How is the FEC instance ID field in the EXT_FTI header defined?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:25:02 +0100

Hi,

Due to the missing LCT revised specification draft version 01 I do have 
to ask this question. It might be answered by that draft, that I don't 
know as I can't get hold of it.

But the real question is: Is the FEC Instance ID field present or not in 
the EXT_FTI header when the FEC encoding ID is less than 128? The RFC 
3926 text:
    FEC Instance ID, optional, 16 bits:

    This field is used for FEC Instance ID.  It is only present if the
    value of FEC Encoding ID is in the range of 128-255.  When the value
    of FEC Encoding ID is in the range of 0-127, this field is set to 0.

Which says both that it shouldn't be there and have a value. Please 
clarify this for me.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt