Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:57:52 +0200

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SDP Descriptors for FLUTE
	Author(s)	: H. Mehta, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2006-1-30
	
This document specifies the use of SDP to describe the parameters
   required to begin, join, receive data from, and/or end FLUTE
   sessions.  It also provides a Composite Session SDP media grouping
   semantic for grouping media streams into protocol-specific sessions,
   such as multiple-channel FLUTE sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:34:30 +0200

Hi All

The changes to this version of the flute-sdp document are:

- "Restricted behaviour" (formally named "default behaviour") is no
longer the default. So the mode not using "Composite Session" is still
allowed but is generally not recommended (this allows compatibility with
3GPP's FLUTE SDP and DVB's FLUTE SDP whilst still making it clear what
is expected for the Public Internet). Note, this was previously the
show-stopper but the text and meaning has been improved in several
places so that now all commenters are satisfied.

- Composite Session semantics+syntax are now first specified generically
and specifically for FLUTE sessions. i.e. it now much easier to
reference this document to use a CS grouping token for other-than-FLUTE
sessions in future

- Bandwidth specification is improved with TIAS being recommended (AS is
still optional)

- And a handful of formatting improvements

Based on all prior comments this I-D is ready for WGLC (in the humble
opinion of the authors). Only response to Imed's question on applying
thee semantics and syntax to SDP for underspecified ALC sessions remains
to be tested and decided whether Imed's additions shall be added.

Cheers, Rod.

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Walsh Rod (Nokia-NRC/Tampere) 
>Sent: 31 January, 2006 11:58
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mehta-rmt-flute-sdp-05.txt 
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line 
>Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a 
>message to [email-masked] with the word 
>unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login 
>with the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail 
>address. After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
>mail readers
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
>reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
>version of the Internet-Draft.
>