Subject: [Rmt] RFC 4654 on TCP-Friendly Multicast Congestion Control (TFMCC): Protocol Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:11:38 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4654

        Title:      TCP-Friendly Multicast Congestion Control (TFMCC): 
                    Protocol Specification 
        Author:     J. Widmer, M. Handley
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 72190
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-tfmcc-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4654.txt

This document specifies TCP-Friendly Multicast Congestion
Control (TFMCC).  TFMCC is a congestion control mechanism for
multicast transmissions in a best-effort Internet environment.
It is a single-rate congestion control scheme, where the
sending rate is adapted to the receiver experiencing the worst
network conditions.  TFMCC is reasonably fair when competing
for bandwidth with TCP flows and has a relatively low
variation of throughput over time, making it suitable for
applications where a relatively smooth sending rate is of importance,
such as streaming media.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt