Subject: [Rmt] FW: New Version Notification for draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object-01

From: "Luby, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:51:42 -0800

------ Forwarded Message
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:50:07 -0800
To: "Luby, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Amin Shokrollahi <[email-masked]>, "Watson, Mark" <[email-masked]>, Thomas Stockhammer <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for          draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object-01

A new version of I-D, draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Michael Luby and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-luby-rmt-bb-fec-raptorg-object
Revision:        01
Title:           RaptorG Forward Error Correction Scheme for Object Delivery
Creation_date:   2009-11-10
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 52

Abstract:
This document describes a Fully-Specified FEC scheme, corresponding
to FEC Encoding ID XXX, for the RaptorG forward error correction code
and its application to reliable delivery of data objects.

RaptorG codes are a new family of codes to provide superior
flexibility, larger source block sizes and better coding efficiency
than Raptor codes in RFC5053.  RaptorG is also a fountain code, i.e.,
as many encoding symbols as needed can be generated by the encoder
on-the-fly from the source symbols of a source block of data.  The
decoder is able to recover the source block from any set of encoding
symbols for most cases equal to the number of source symbols and in
rare cases with slightly more than the number of source symbols.

The RaptorG code described here is a systematic code, meaning that
all the source symbols are among the encoding symbols that can be
generated.

Status of this Memo

This Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."
The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

This Internet-Draft will expire on May 14, 2010.

Copyright Notice

Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
document authors.  All rights reserved.

This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents in effect on the date of
publication of this document (http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info).
Please review these documents carefully, as they describe your rights
and restrictions with respect to this document.

The IETF Secretariat.

------ End of Forwarded Message