Subject: [Rmt] RFC 5445 inconsistency

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 21:10:00 -0500

It has been pointed out that the FEC Payload ID and FEC Object  
Transmission Information for the Compact No-Code FEC Scheme shown,  
respectively, in Figure 1 and Figure 2 are inconsistent with each other.

In Figure 1 and in the text, it shows and describes 16-bit "Source  
Block Number" and 16-bit "Encoding Symbol ID" portions of the  FEC  
Payload ID.

But, in Figure 2, a 32-bit "Max. Source Block Length" is depicted  
(with 16-bit MSB and LSB portions) ... It also spills out of what I  
think was meant to be a 32-bit aligned  OTI section ... i.e., the  
"Max. Source Block Length" should be 16-bits to match the 16-bit  
"Encoding Symbol ID" in Figure 1.  (A 16-bit "Encoding Symbol ID"  
can't address a block length with more than a 16-bit block length  
descriptor)

I posted this to the list (and Mark) in case I am overlooking  
something here?  Otherwise, an errata should be submitted.

best regards,

Brian Adamson
[email-masked]