Subject: [Rmt] Last Call: draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised (FLUTE - File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:27:50 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has received a request from the Reliable Multicast Transport WG 
(rmt) to consider the following document:

- 'FLUTE - File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has normative references to RFC 1950 (Informational),
"ZLIB Compressed Data Format Specification version 3.3", RFC 1952 
(Informational), "GZIP file format specification version 4.3",
RFC 3738 (Experimental), "Wave and Equation Based Rate Control 
(WEBRC) Building Block". Please consider the appropriateness of 
these downward reference. See RFC 3967 for additional information 
about this. 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2010-02-12. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-10.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=13743&rfc_flag=0

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:34:33 +0100

Hi,

I have request IETF LC as you can see. However, I did notice one nit
that should be take care at the end of the IETF last call. There is an
outdated reference to SMIME. Considering the new RFC number (5751) this
happened just this week so I understand it was missed.

I recommend people to always run ID nits just prior to submitting a
document to avoid this type of cases.

Cheers

Magnus

The IESG skrev 2010-01-29 17:27:
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:21:49 -0500

And to second Magnus' comment here (from my own experience), make sure  
your run the _full_ nits check ... the submission nits check isn't.

Brian Adamson
[email-masked]

On Jan 29, 2010, at 11:34 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> Rmt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt
>