Subject: [Rmt] I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols
	Author(s)       : V. Roca
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2010-07-01

This document introduces four schemes that provide a per-packet
authentication and integrity service in the context of the ALC and
NORM protocols.  The first scheme is based on digital signatures.
Because it relies on asymmetric cryptography, this scheme generates a
high processing load at the sender and to a lesser extent at a
receiver, as well as a significant transmission overhead.  It is
therefore well suited to low data rate sessions.  The second scheme
relies on the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).  If
this approach also relies an asymmetric cryptography, the processing
load and the transmission overhead are significantly reduced compared
to traditional digital signature schemes.  It is therefore well
suited to medium data rate sessions.  The third scheme relies on a
group Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Because this scheme relies
on symmetric cryptography, MAC calculation and verification are fast
operations, which makes it suited to high data rate sessions.
However it only provides a group authentication and integrity
service, which means that it only protects against attackers that are
not group members.  Finally, the fourth scheme merges the digital
signature and group group schemes, and is useful to mitigate DoS
attacks coming from attackers that are not group members.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.