Subject: [rohc] Queries on SigComp Feedback

From: Chan Kwang Mien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:54:49 +0800

Hi,

I am currently implementing SigComp.

I have a few queries about the Feedback mechanism as stated in
draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-07.txt.

a) I am not sure where the Request Feedback item should be located.
According to the format of the SigComp Message, it does not
show where the Request Feedback item should be in. The SigComp
message format only shows the Returned Feedback item. Moreover,
the 'T' bit shows whether a Returned Feedback item exists or not.

b) In Section 9.4.9 of the draft, it states

"Note that the formats of Figure 12 and Figure 13 are only for local
presentation of the feedback data on the interface between the UDVM
and state handler. The formats do not mandate any bits on the wire;"

Does it mean that the UDVM does not need to follow the format as shown
in Figure 13 when returning the SigComp parameters ? Shouldn't we
have a fixed format for Returned SigComp Parameters for all SigComp
implementation to follow when returning feedback ? Or else, wouldn't there
be interoperability problem ? there should also be a standard format for
the Request Feedback item.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards,
Kwang Mien

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:24:40 -0500

Hi,
 requested feed back is sent in the byte code, with END_MESSAGE instruction. the first parameter in END_MESSAGE instruction (requested_feedback_location) will have the address of udvm buffer, where the requested feedback is present. At that locaion, the format of the requested feedback is same as what is described in Fig 12. 

-narendra

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Chan Kwang Mien [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 23 June, 2002 08:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [rohc] Queries on SigComp Feedback

Hi,

regards,
Kwang Mien