Subject: RE: [rohc] Comments appreciated: draft-jonsson-rohc-architecture- 00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EPL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:23:42 +0200

Hi Wang,

This helps me a lot to improve the draft for clarity. I'll respond to
your understandings below (and will take the misunderstandings under
consideration for clarifications):

> Here is my understanding:
> 
> A 'network element' can has N 'IP interfaces'.
Right!

> An 'IP interface' can has N Layer 2 channel.
Right!

> A layer 2 channel could contain M compressors or K decompressors.
Depends on how "ROHC channels" are realized within a layer 2 channel.
Consider the difference between "channels" and "ROHC channels". A ROHC
channel can only correspond to one compressor and one decompressor.

> A compressor or decompressor is corresponding to a ROHC channel.
Yes, to exactly one. There is a 1-1-1 mapping between compressor, ROHC
channel and decompressor.

> A ROHC channel could be indentified with the CID.
Well, not really. A ROHC channel has its own CID identifier space, and
within the channel, contexts are identified by different values for 
that CID.

I'll try to think about what can be improved in the draft to avoid 
misunderstandings, but would of course appreciate input on that, based
on your reactions to my answers above.

Cheers,
/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc