Subject: RE: [rohc] Problems of implementating ROHC(RFC3095) on 802.11 WLA N

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EPL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:29:45 +0200

To clarify my previous posting:

> > In fact, the Wireless LAN is a broad band wireless environment.
> > We do not need to use ROHC. But I think the RFC3095 should consider 
> > these problems.
> 
> LEJ: Well, RFC 3095 does not consider this since logical point-to-point
> channels are assumed. It might be useful to elaborate a little bit
> more about that when we cycle the RFC for Drafts Standard. Still,
> what you ask for is more of an issue for a "ROHC over X"-document,
> if X is not by nature a point-to-point link.

The ROHC WG has written the "ROHC-over-PPP" specification, which might
also be seen as an example to follow when writing such specifications
for other link layers. However, to develop mapping standards for using
ROHC on top of other link layers than PPP is not part of the ROHC WG 
charter, but should be considered as work for each actual link-layer
standardization.

BR
/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc