Subject: RE: [rohc] Problems of implementating ROHC(RFC3095) on 802.11 WLAN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:18:29 -0500

> > Or, you can add a length field (after the 14-byte
> > ethernet frame header) which indicates the real ROHC packet size.
> > For Linux, you can send ethernet frames < 60 bytes and the driver
> > will do the padding for you.
> 
> Yes, in my experiment, I found the Linux driver will do the padding.
> But the padding is of random bytes.  The Linux driver just keeps the
> minimun transport time and the 'padding data' is random which 
> is not in meaning.  At the receiver point we could not deduce the data 
> length from the layer 2 information.  

I meant to say the padding by driver in convenient when combined with
the length field inserted. The sender simply sets the length field
and drops the frame on the interface. The receiver relies on the 
length field to retrieve data regardless of the padding.

Zhigang

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc