Subject: [rohc] Issues for ROHC-TCP

From: "Qian Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:43:07 +0800

Dear all,

Basically we had achieved reasonable agreements on the following issues
for ROHC-TCP since last meeting:
- feedback: MSN-based feedback will be adopted
- context replication: only allow a context that had been acknowledged
to be used as a base context.
- mode transition: only one uniformed packet format is used in both U
and B modes, the mode transition is rather simple.

Some open issues:
- should we totally get rid of mode transition considering the uniform
packet format in U/B modes?
- waiting for the notation for TCP/IP profile

Qian

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: "West, Mark (ITN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:58:03 +0100

> - waiting for the notation for TCP/IP profile

On which note: the key open issue for the notation is: what should it 
look like?!  Or, seriously, we need to discuss structural and encoding 
aspects -- what does it notate and how?  (A large part of the background 
to this is in copious e-mail exchanges between me, Qian and Hongbin)

There is also a minor issue to raise about the degree to which the 
notation is/can be encoding-rule specific.

See you in the discussion...

Mark.

-- 
Mark A. West, Consultant Engineer
Roke Manor Research Ltd., Romsey, Hants.  SO51 0ZN
Phone +44 (0)1794 833311   Fax  +44 (0)1794 833433

Yes, I do know that my disclaimer is in an attachment.  And, no, I 
didn't ask for it to be that way.  Oh, and... Permission is hereby 
granted to pass the contents of this communication to third parties and 
any restrictions regarding confidentiality do not apply.