Subject: [rohc] [ROHC]help about decoding mechanism in W-LSB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:22:19 +0800 (CST)

Now I meet some trouble in decoding for the decompressor of W-lsb
according to RFC3095,in which only said that,"Note that the decompressor
follows the procedure described in the previous section(4.5.1. Least
Significant Bits (LSB) encoding)",so I have no idea about how to decode
LSBs in W-lsb plan.
    May any guy give me some idea?thanks very much!

                                                     Yours,fxzhang
                                                         2002/7/12

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Sukanta Kumar Hazra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:45:25 +0800 (SGT)

Hi!

Replies inline

 On Fri, 12 Jul 

> Significant Bits (LSB) encoding)",so I have no idea about how to decode

For the decompressor it is the same procedure as LSB decoding. You have m 
LSB bits and a v_ref_d. Determine the interpretation interval and look for 
the values in the interval whose LSBs match the m bits that you have. 
The window part of W-LSB is only for the compressor to determine a 
interval which is good enough since the compressor might not be absolutely 
sure the value of v_ref_d that the decompressor will use.

>     May any guy give me some idea?thanks very much!

Regards,
Sukanta

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------
Sukanta Kumar Hazra                
R&D Engineer (Networks Division)
Institute for Communications Research
(Formerly the Centre for Wireless Communications)
Tel   : +65 68709338               
Fax   : +65 67795441              
Email : [email-masked]    
-----------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:01:38 +0800 (CST)

>> according to RFC3095,in which only said that,"Note that the
>> decompressor follows the procedure described in the previous
>> section(4.5.1. Least Significant Bits (LSB) encoding)",so I have no
>> idea about how to decode LSBs in W-lsb plan.
>
> For the decompressor it is the same procedure as LSB decoding. You have
> m  LSB bits and a v_ref_d. Determine the interpretation interval and
> look for  the values in the interval whose LSBs match the m bits that
> you have.  The window part of W-LSB is only for the compressor to
> determine a  interval which is good enough since the compressor might
> not be absolutely  sure the value of v_ref_d that the decompressor will
> use.
>
thanks for your useful help!