Subject: RE: [rohc] RE: Problem of CRC in profile 4 and 2,

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:48:32 +0200

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay...

> >>...and also it will be more than the maximum SN present in the
> >>window of compressor with high probability.
> >>
> >
> >This is not correct. When the packet was compressed, it created
> >exactly the same value in the compressor context sliding SN window.
> >A value might be missing at the decompressor side, due to losses
> >between compressor and decompressor, but not the other way around.
> >
> >Losses can therefore only result in "old" decompressor values,
> >which is not a problem as previously discussed.
>
> I seem to follow your analyses and, have some questions --->
> Will not finding of this OLD SN depend on maximum window 
> width, infact on window width in R mode( since it may get
> shrunk on receiving ACK).?

Yes, but you will never (as a decompressor) refer to an OLDER SN
than the newest one you have acked. Since the SN is generated by
the compressor, it is assumed to always increase. The compressor 
window will thus always include all potential SN's that might be
referred to by a feedback message from the decompressor.
 
Rgds,
/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc