Subject: RE: [rohc] draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-comp*-00.txt

From: "Price, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:54:08 -0000

> All previous discussions I can remember have considered addresses as
> highly important fields for replication, i.e. for multiple short-lived
> packet streams to/from the same hosts. This means that the IR-REPLICATE
> packet will have to be able to exclude source and/or destination
> address(es).

Hi,

I agree completely with the above, but for whatever reason the TCP Field
Behavior draft does not currently define the IP address fields as
"shareable" between contexts. Perhaps this should be fixed in the next
version of the draft? As a bonus, this will then give us the ability to
support other types of outband scheme such as Early Compression.

Regards,

Richard
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc