Subject: RE: [rohc] draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-comp*-00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:26:22 +0100

Richard,

> The current "TCP/IP Field Behavior" draft considers the case where
> the outband information for setting up a new context is provided from
> an existing context. In this case fields such as the IP version and
> the IP addresses are not shared because it is not expected that they
> can be derived from existing contexts. 

All previous discussions I can remember have considered addresses as
highly important fields for replication, i.e. for multiple short-lived
packet streams to/from the same hosts. This means that the IR-REPLICATE
packet will have to be able to exclude source and/or destination
address(es).

BR
/L-E
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc