Subject: [rohc] GRE and RFC 3095.

From: Remi Pelland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:00:52 -0500

The general compressed RTP header format provided in section 5.7 shows two
occurences of "GRE checksum".  I understand that the one following the "AH
data for outer list" is associated with the outer GRE header, which leaves
the one just before the "UDP checksum" associated with the inner header.

I'm far from being a GRE expert, so there may be something I didn't quite
understand.  However, when looking at RFC 2784 it seems to me like the GRE
header is always followed by an IPv4 header (the one from the payload
packet).  It thus seems impossible to find a GRE header somewhere between
the inner IP header and the UDP header.

With this in mind, I'm wondering about the purpose of the second "GRE
checksum" entry in the general packet format.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rémi.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc