Subject: [rohc] Ip routing in rohc..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:34:01 +0530

Hi all.
      In the ROHC the headers are compressed and the ip address is not in
the compressed headers as far as i know. Since the header doesnt have any
info about the ip address, how the packets are routed. Thanks in advance..
Brgds
Shanmugasundaram.M
CGM

**********************************************************************************
Confidentiality Information & Notice:

Information contained and transmitted in this E-MAIL and its attachment(s)
is proprietary to CG Maersk Technologies and is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution,
transmission, forwarding, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please delete this email and inform us at
[email-masked].
**********************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Kausik Sinnaswamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:08:49 +0530

Hi
    ROHC compression/decompression is done on a per-hop basis. So ROHC 
packets will be compressed at post-routing stage and decompressed at 
pre-routing stage. When I say post-routing, I mean that the next hop has 
been detected from the forwarding table and pre-routing means as soon as 
the packet gets off the wire.

Cheers
Kausik