Subject: [rohc] List Compression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:24:32 +0530

Dear Rohc Experts,

 Kindly provide some clarifications on the points given below.

 Considering a scenario where we have an IP stream - IP/AH/UDP/RTP.
 Here, after receiving the first packet compressor determines that list
 compression is to be used because of the extension header AH is present.
 Compressor fills the "Generic extension header list" with AH header and
 send the compressed header to the decompressor.
 At the decompressor side while analysing the packet received -
 In static list the next header field in IP header will point to UDP ,
 And therefore there is no way to determine which extension header is
 present
 in "Generic extension header list".

 Another question is considering the scenario where we have multiple IP
 headers - eg. IP/IP/IP/AH/UDP/RTP then how these headers will be
 organised/arranged  in compressed header ? One way could be we can use the
"Generic extension header list" to do so
 OR  is there some other way to do so ??
 For example in case of IR it could be -
 static chain - (First IP header static info )  +  (Second IP header static
info ) + UDP static info + RTP static info
 dynamic chain - (First IP header dynamic info ) + (Second dynamic IP
header dynamic info ) + UDP dynamic info + RTP     dynamic info

 regards,
 Vishal

Vishal Katyal
06/23/2003 05:13 PM

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    Query on List compression

Dear Experts,

When at the compressor side List compression is applied in case of say
IP/AH/UDP/RTP, then at the decompressor side, how to determine the first
extension type in the IP (IR)  "Generic extension header list".

Another question is considering the scenario where we have multiple IP
headers - eg. IP/IP/IP/AH/UDP/RTP then how these headers will be
organised/arranged  in compressed header ?

regards,
Vishal

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc