Subject: [rohc] Question on state retention priority

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:44:47 +0200

Hi ROHCers,

 During implementation we bumped into the following problem:

 If the user wants to save an already saved state with a different state retention priority, what should the state handler do?

According to the RFC:

      If the state creation request contains a state_identifier that
      already exists then the state handler checks whether the requested
      state item is identical to the established state item and counts
      the state creation request as successful if this is the case.  If
      not then the state creation request is unsuccessful (although the
      probability that this will occur is vanishingly small). 

IMHO, possible options are:

1. State save successful with the new retention priority
2. State save successful leaving the old retention priority
3. State save unsuccessful

What do you think?

 Another question: What if a user saves a state that already exist as a locally available state? Should this count against the SMS?

BR,
Robert

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc