Subject: RE: [rohc] ROHC packet traces/CRC calculation example.

From: Remi Pelland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:35:40 -0400

This idea would certainly facilitate interoperability testing.  However, in
the mean time, does anyone have any compressed header examples (with CRCs) I
could work with?

Thanks,
Remi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Kennington [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 11:37 AM
To: ROHC mailing list
Subject: Re: [rohc] ROHC packet traces/CRC calculation example.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 06:06:42PM -0400, Remi Pelland wrote:
> 
> Does anyone know if there are any records of packet traces taken
> during the interoperability tests?  I'm mostly interrested in the CRC
> calculation of compressed header since I would like to compare my
> algorithm against something that is known to work.
> 

Rémi,

I can't help directly with that question. But for the distant future, I
have a suggestion. If an RFC was defined for "ROHC over UDP" then we
could all test our implementations over the Internet.  Of course, this
would not be a 100% test of all aspects, but it would certainly test 99%
of the protocol syntax and semantics.

This could be implemented quite simply on unix systems by modifying an
ROHC/PPP implementation so that the packets are fed to a user-space
process via a character-device, and each packet could then be sent to a
remote host in a UDP packet.

Maybe then someone could make available a standard reference ROHC over
UDP implementation for everyone to test their implementations against.
This would be much less costly than interop meetings - and even us poor
people could participate.

Cheers,
Alan Kennington.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc