Subject: [rohc] Questions on compressed lists.

From: Remi Pelland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:54:21 -0400

Hi,

RFC-3095, section 5.8.6 says that: "... In CSRC lists, the items are CSRC
identifiers; in header lists, they are uncompressed or compressed headers,
as described in 5.8.4.2-4".

I'm not clear on the "uncompressed or compressed headers" for IP extension
headers.  Does this mean that for a given extension header type, the
associated list "item" may have two different formats: compressed or
uncompressed?  If this is the case, how does a decompressor know when the
received items are compressed or not?

The implementer's guide, section 5.4 says that the translation table should
be updated when a UO-1-ID packet carrying a list with "Encoding Type 0" is
received.  Shouldn't this also apply when new items are received in lists
using encoding types 1 and 3?

Thanks,
Remi.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc