Subject: [rohc] SIGCOMP UDVM - byte_copy_left and byte_copy_right

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:59:45 +0000

Need some help in understanding the Byte Copying Rules 
(RFC3320 Section 8.4)

1a) Byte-copying should not result in a write into or beyond
       memory[byte_copy_right] 
    but can result in writes into 
       memory[byte_copy_left]

1b)  Byte-copying should never result in a read from or beyound
      memory[byte_copy_right]
    but can result in reads from
      memory[byte_copy_left]

 Therefore if the destination is specified as 'byte_copy_right'
 for a byte-copy instruction - then the writing begins at
 'byte_copy_left'.

 Is this correct interpretation of the rules?

2) Also is byte_copy_right always greater than byte_copy_left?

-Srini

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc