Subject: [rohc] Protocol Action: 'RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Compression Profile for IP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:46:56 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Compression Profile for IP '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-ip-only-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary

     This document defines one additional compression profile for
     the RObust Header Compression (ROHC) framework, as defined by
     RFC 3095. In RFC 3095, profiles are specified for compression
     of IP/UDP, IP/UDP/RTP, IP/ESP, as well as for uncompressed
     ROHC transmission. However, a compression profile for IP only
     was omitted in RFC 3095, and this document contributes with
     that missing piece. The profile is defined to require minimal
     modifications to existing ROHC code base, although it does
     provide some minor but useful enhancements and corrections,
     compared to the RFC 3095 profiles.

Working Group Summary

      There was strong consensus in the working group to get this
      profile published, as it was seen to become an important
      complement to RFC 3095.

Protocol Quality

      Allison Mankin reviewed the document for the IESG. In the
      working group, the document was carefully reviewed by
      several implementers of RFC 3095, and the working group
      and IETF Last Calls did not raise any issues.

RFC Editor Note

    Re-name the References - Normative References

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc