Subject: [rohc] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:02:23 +0100

ROHC TCP'ers,

Check out this draft on Context Replication.

/L-E

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: den 13 februari 2004 22:10
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Statistical Inter-flow Field Behaviour for Context Replication in ROHC-TCP
	Author(s)	: C. Cho
	Filename	: draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-2-12
	
Context replication increases header compression gains by reducing 
   the redundancy between flows via efficient replicate (IR-CR) packets. 
   The optimum design of IR-CR packet formats requires elaborate    
   understanding of the inter-flow redundancy. As context replication is 
   most well-suited for TCP, this document presents a statistical 
   analysis of TCP/IP inter-flow field behaviour. Based on the analysis, 
   recommendations on ROHC-TCP packet format specifications for context 
   replication are made. It is also shown that inter-flow field 
   behaviour is inherently and significantly asymmetrical, and various 
   ways of handling it are considered. Finally, based on the inter-flow 
   behaviour of TCP Window field, it is noted that current encoding 
   methods do not compress it efficiently.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc