Subject: [rohc] SigComp state_length

From: Stefan Foeckel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:04:12 +0100

Hello,

I need some clarification about the state_length value in the
STATE_CREATE instruction of the UDVM. The spec. says, its a
2-byte value ranging from 0..65535. Regarding this, how do I
save the memory of a 65536-byte UDVM as state ? What is supposed
to happen on state_length = 0 ?

Regards
Stefan

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: "Richard Price" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:46:21 +0000

Hi Stefan,

As you've correctly understood from RFC 3320, it's not possible
to save the entire contents of a 65536-byte UDVM as a state
item. This is fine, however, because the first 32 bytes of
UDVM memory are reserved for special values such as the
available cycles per bit (see Figure 5: Initializing Useful Values in
UDVM memory). These values are updated on a per-message
basis, so there's no need to save them as part of the state.

Regards,

Richard Price

>From: Stefan Foeckel <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: Stefan Foeckel <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [rohc] SigComp state_length
>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:04:12 +0100
>
>Hello,
>

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo