Subject: [rohc] Another ad-hoc header compression scheme

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:30:52 +0900

In mip4, I just learned of a new ad-hoc header compression scheme:
draft-vaarala-mip4-optudp-00.txt "optimizes" out an IP header if it has 
the address previously agreed by some mobileip(v4) negotiation (i.e., 
one context only).
Since one of the motivations of this seems to be mobile VoIP, I pointed 
out that CRTP or ROHC can "optimize" out 37 to 39 bytes, and can do 
multiple contexts, which seems to be one of the requirements from 
multiple people in the room.

However, the header configurations to be compressed weren't quite 
clear, so it wasn't clear how much of the job ROHC could do even when a 
3241-equivalent is defined for mobile IP.
So it's back to finding out about the requirements.

I would like to hear from those who might be interested in working on 
this problem.

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc