Subject: [rohc] RFC 3759 on RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Terminology and Channel Mapping Examples

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:01:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3759

        Title:      RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    Terminology and Channel Mapping Examples
        Author(s):  L-E. Jonsson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 50168
        Updates:    3095

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-terminology-and-examples-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3759.txt

This document aims to clarify terms and concepts presented in RFC
3095.  RFC 3095 defines a Proposed Standard framework with profiles
for RObust Header Compression (ROHC).  The standard introduces various
concepts which might be difficult to understand and especially to
relate correctly to the surrounding environments where header
compression may be used.  This document aims at clarifying these
aspects of ROHC, discussing terms such as ROHC instances, ROHC
channels, ROHC feedback, and ROHC contexts, and how these terms
relate to other terms, like network elements and IP interfaces,
commonly used, for example, when addressing MIB issues.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.