Subject: [rohc] FN comment styles

From: "Finking, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:10:27 -0000

Hi All,

I've just noticed the block comment style defined in the current FN-draft.
This was added ages ago due to the fact that the Prolog implementation was
driving the whole syntax of the FN, and since Prolog has the C-like /* */
block comments we automatically inherited it. We don't use this comment
style in the current TCP packet formats, so is everybody happy if I delete
this subsection from the draft?

This would mean all FN comments would be in the end-of-line comment style,
which is used throughout the TCP formats and examples in the FN draft.

Let me know if you have any objections or comments (NPI) about this.

Regards

Raffles

Robert Finking (01794 833189)
Roke Manor Research (http://www.roke.co.uk)
Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:39:35 +0100

On Mar 17 2005, at 17:10 Uhr, Finking, Robert wrote:

> Is everybody happy if I delete

I'm certainly happy with any simplification, even if it is only at the 
lexical level.

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:40:10 +0100

I second that!

/L-E