Subject: Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:15:14 +0200

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 12:29:40AM +0200,
 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 37 lines which said:

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria-00.txt

(Now -01)

Next drafts : "How to select appropriate dining room for a Meeting",
"IETF bathroom requirements", ...

> The airport should be of such capacity to accommodate 60% of the
> attendees arriving and departing on the same day, in addition to the
> usual number of passengers.

IETF MUST NOT hold a meeting in a location where the international
airport is not IETF-compliant and open-standards-based.

> The traveling to the venue location should be possible with a
> maximum of one flight hop from a major hub.  The airport must have a
> diversity of international carriers.

The location MUST be accessible to IETF members with a TTL of 1.

> If there is already a WLAN in the building can be turned off

The IETF MUST NOT accept competing WLAN access.

> Appropriate warnings (e.g. about local crime risks) must be given.

The IETF MUST NOT hold meetings in Baghdad or New Orleans for the
foreseeable future.

Appropriate warnings about local risks of hurricanes, flooding,
tsunami or earthquakes must be given.

[Good bye, California.]

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf