Subject: [rohc] About RFC3321 SigComp Extensions

From: Joel Centelles Martín<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:08:58 +0100

Hi All,

I'm currently working with the RFC3321 SigComp Extensions and I faced 
the following problem:

Implementing a sharing compression mechanism seems not to be hard work 
(draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-04 gives a good way of doing it), 
the problem that I found is: Is there any compression algorithm that 
takes advantage of shared compression? I mean, is possible to implement 
the mechanism, store and access to the state in both sides, but, does 
anybody know about a compression algorithm that uses this information to 
improve compression rates? I've been searching in the web but found 
nothing about a compression algorithm of these characteristics.

About the same problem, do you know if there is anybody working to 
achieve it or to adapt an existing one to use it?

Thanks in advance,
Joël .

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc