Subject: [rohc] RFC 4362 on RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Link-Layer Assisted Profile for IP/UDP/RTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:49:01 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4362

        Title:      RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    A Link-Layer Assisted Profile for IP/UDP/RTP
        Author(s):  L-E. Jonsson, G. Pelletier, K. Sandlund
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53926
        Obsoletes:  3242

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3242bis-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4362.txt

This document defines a ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profile for
compression of IP/UDP/RTP (Internet Protocol/User Datagram
Protocol/Real-Time Transport Protocol) packets, utilizing
functionality provided by the lower layers to increase compression
efficiency by completely eliminating the header for most packets
during optimal operation.  The profile is built as an extension to
the ROHC RTP profile.  It defines additional mechanisms needed in
ROHC, states requirements on the assisting layer to guarantee
transparency, and specifies general logic for compression and
decompression related to the usage of the header-free packet
format.  This document is a replacement for RFC 3242, which it
obsoletes.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc