Subject: [rohc] The ROHC Framework draft has been updated

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson \(LU/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:18:26 +0200

An updated version of the ROHC Framework draft has been submitted
and will soon be available from the archives as:
             draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-framework-02.txt

There have been many minor editorial changes and restructurings
made, but apart from that the draft content is the same.

The following changes should be worth noticing:

* The new channel parameter MAX_R_DEPTH, proposed in -01, has been
  removed, as previously discussed on the list. This is the only
  real technical change.

* The terminology and structure established by the general ROHC
  packet format of section 5.2.1 has now been emphasized and
  consistently used throughout the document.

* Several clarifications have been made to the segmentation
  protocol, both in the usage considerations and in the actual
  protocol part, the latter mainly to better match the general
  ROHC packet format concepts and terminology.

* The packet format descriptions for profile 0x0000 have been
  improved to better match the general ROHC packet format
  concepts and terminology.

* Profile 0x0000 decompressor operation in 5.4.3 has been
  reworked to be better structured and it should now be clearer.

* The CRC calculation example appendix is now part of the FW,
  and can therefore be excluded from profile specifications.

If there are no objections raised within a few days, we should
consider this draft ready for WGLC (still with the intention to
keep it in the WG for some more time while we work on ROHCv2).

BR
/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc