Subject: [rohc] Changes in ROHC-TCP from -12 to -13

From: "Kristofer Sandlund \(LU/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 08:46:38 +0200

It's again that time of the year when we update ROHC-TCP and tell you 
that this is the last time. This time it is! :)

The changes are almost exclusively clarifications and text
improvements, hardly any technical changes, but here's a list anyway.

Changes to the draft since last time:

Changes in the text:
- Normative references will be to the v2 framework and not to rfc3095
- Decompressor state text in 5.3 improved and clarified (5.3.1.2 on how
to detect context damage is added)
- New text on scaling of fields (clarifications)
- CRC section removed, since we reference the new framework instead
- Cleanup of references (editorial only)
- New text on feedback rate limitation
- Format naming conventions formalized in the text (chain items and 
list compression items) (clarifications)
- Clarification on irregular chain constructions
- Section describing "external parameters" to encoding methods added 
(6.5) (clarification)
- Allowed context repair to use CRC-7 packets. In the previous revision,
one had to use IR/IR-DYN (formal change)
- FEEDBACK-2 format changed so that it always includes an 8-bit CRC, 
and therefore the CRC feedback option is removed (formal change)
- Updated text on all feedback options (clarifications)

Changes in the FN code (section 8.2):
- Commonized a number of specific encoding methods to simplify the code
(no functional change even though some fields use other encoding 
methods, only a notational simplification)
- Changed most of the [VARIABLE] specifications to contain expressions 
instead (clarification)
- More rigid names of formats in line with the changes in the text, so
a number of formats have changed names (clarification)
- Added INITIAL for the ack_stride field instead of defining this in 
the text (notational change, no formal change)
- DEFAULT encoding of rsf_flags (RST/SYN/FIN) changed from static to
uncompressed_value(3,0) so that if any of these are set, they must
always be explicitly transmit in a packet and will revert to zero for 
the next packet. (formal change)

If any part of this seems wrong, please say so as soon as possible, we
intend to try to make a second (and final) WGLC of this draft in 
the very near future unless we hear some strong objections.

/Kristofer, on behalf of the ROHC-TCP authors

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc