Subject: [rohc] CRC option in Feedback Reject

From: "Sarkar, Biplab" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:03:31 +0530

ROCHers,

I was wondering if it was right to ignore a S-NACK/NACK packet even
though the CRC check fails? [RFC3095:5.7.6.4] Since the link was not
good the decompressor went out of sync and was sending a S-NACK/NACK,
Now the feedback pkt might get corrupted and the optional element CRC
might force us to discard this pkt. I think we should ignore a feedback
ACK and its subsequent context updating behavior if the CRC check fails.
But a NACK/SNACK should be always accepted. 

What do you thunk?

Thanks

Biplab

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Starent Networks India Pvt Ltd.

5th Floor,Surya Chambers, No 124

Murgeshpalya, Airport Road

Bangalore, 560017

Ph: +91-80-25221047/48/49

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc