Subject: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:50:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Formal Notation for Robust Header Compression (ROHC-FN)
	Author(s)	: G. Pelletier, R. Finking
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 2006-12-12
	
This document defines ROHC-FN (RObust Header Compression - Formal
   Notation): a formal notation to specify field encodings for
   compressed formats when defining new profiles within the ROHC
   framework.  ROHC-FN offers a library of encoding methods that are
   often used in ROHC profiles and can thereby help simplifying future
   profile development work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:54:53 +0100

Great work.

One absolutely minor nit of the AUTH48 kind:

OLD:
    This section gives a definition of the syntax of ROHC-FN in ABNF
    [RFC4234], using "fnspec" as the start rule.
    ; overall structure
    fnspec     = S *(constdef S) [globctl S] 1*(methdef S)

NEW:
    This section gives a definition of the syntax of ROHC-FN in ABNF
    [RFC4234], using "fnspec" as the start rule.

    ; overall structure
    fnspec     = S *(constdef S) [globctl S] 1*(methdef S)

i.e., insert a blank line to separate the actual ABNF from the  
introductory sentence.
(Of course, no need for a re-spin for that kind of nit -- if the RFC  
editor doesn't fix it by themselves, it can be fixed at AUTH48.)

Gruesse, Carsten