Subject: [rohc] accessing sigcomp state with a psi>6bytes

From: cco <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:24:19 +0100

hi!

as the sigcomp specs reccomend more than 6 bytes should be used for
accessing a state in order to avoid (SHA1) collisions.

can an internal hash function (which maps SHA1 signatures to some
limited interval, like 0...32k) benefit from the extra bytes in the psi
for better distributing the SHA1 signatures in the hash buckets?

i.e. is there an easy computable function that when applied over an
prefix of the SHA1 signatures would produce an short which is better
distributed within 0...32k (for example) than an arbitrary short taken
_directly_ from the prefix?

thanks!
bye now!
cristian

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc