Subject: [rohc] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-02

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 04:41:49 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Kristofer Sandlund and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles
Revision:	 02
Title:		 RObust Header Compression Version 2 (ROHCv2): Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP Lite
Creation_date:	 2007-10-02
WG ID:		 rohc
Number_of_pages: 118

Abstract:
This document specifies ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profiles
that efficiently compress RTP/UDP/IP (Real-Time Transport Protocol,
User Datagram Protocol, Internet Protocol), RTP/UDP-Lite/IP (User
Datagram Protocol Lite), UDP/IP, UDP-Lite/IP, IP and ESP/IP
(Encapsulating Security Payload) headers.

This specification defines a second version of the profiles found in
RFC 3095, RFC 3843 and RFC 4019; it supersedes their definition, but
does not obsolete them.

The ROHCv2 profiles introduce a number of simplifications to the
rules and algorithms that govern the behavior of the compression
endpoints.  It also defines robustness mechanisms that may be used by
a compressor implementation to increase the probability of
decompression success when packets can be lost and/or reordered on
the ROHC channel.  Finally, the ROHCv2 profiles define its own
specific set of packet formats, using the ROHC formal notation.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc