Subject: [rohc] Update regarding I-D: "draft-ietf-rohc-ikev2-extensions-hcoipsec-04"

From: "Pezeshki, Jonah [USA]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:38:27 -0400

RoHCers,
 
I wanted to inform you that we have recently released the latest version
of the "IKEv2 Extensions to Support Robust Header Compression over IPsec
(RoHCoIPsec)" Internet Draft.  For reference, this draft can be found
here:
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rohc-ikev2-extensions-hcoipse
c-04

To give a summary for those unfamiliar with this I-D, the purpose of
this draft is to define a series of extensions to IKEv2, it order to
provide support for RoHCoIPsec (i.e. the integration of RoHC into
IPsec).

The following changes have been made since last version of this draft:

1) The description of how the extended IKEv2 negotiation works is stated
more clearly.

2) Redundant text between this draft and RFC4306 has been omitted.
Instead, we simply refer to RFC4306.

3) The "ROHC PARAMETERS LENGTH" field is no longer included in the
notify payload data (this parameter was redundant)

4) The "RoHC Profiles" field is more clearly defined

5) We now explicitly request a "Status Notify Message" IANA value
instead of a general "Notify Message" IANA value.

6) Typos we found in the included diagrams, as well as in one of the
references.  This has been corrected.

Back in June, it was indicated that this draft was nearly in a state to
qualify for WGLC status.  Since these most recent corrections are all
fairly minor, I would like to find out what more needs to be revised in
order to for this I-D to get WGLC.

Thank you,

Jonah Pezeshki
Consultant
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
(703) 984-0810

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc