Subject: [rohc] acticom invitation: Berlin RoHCs! 2008

From: Gerrit Schulte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:58:36 +0200

Dear ROHClers! Dear All!

acticom is one of the independent suppliers of a RoHC protocol stack and
we would like to propose a RoHC InterOp meeting for 2008. Some of you
will remember the 4th RoHC InterOp Event held at acticom in Berlin in
late 2002.

A long time has passed since then and a couple of handset vendors,
infrastructure system manufacturers, or chip-set suppliers have
integrated not only the acticom RoHC protocol stack, but also other
implementations, or even their own developments.

We would like to host an event to meet, test, discuss experiences, and
collaborate on RoHC and related topics.
The former Chair Lars-Erik Jonsson asked us to post the proposal for the
event, respectively the invitation to the mailing list.
Carl Knutsson, please apologize, we thought it would be easier to post
directly, instead of bothering you with this kind of stuff.

A first proposal for the event schedule is Monday, March 10th until
Friday, March 14th 2008.

The "Berlin RoHCs!" webpage for this event is located at
http://www.acticom.de/en/interop .
Please check it out regularly since we will update it with feedback and
additional information.

The ROHC interop test is open to everyone who is interested in testing
with RoHC, testing with other ROHC integrations, or presenting RoHC
capable systems. People and companies interested in participation,
should indicate interest not later than December 23rd 2007.

Best regards,
Gerrit Schulte & Dr. Frank Fitzek,
acticom mobile networks

-- 
Gerrit Schulte
http://www.acticom.de
Tel +49-30-4303.2510

* ----------------------------------------------------------------- *
acticom GmbH
Am Borsigturm 42, 13507 Berlin, Germany
Managing Directors:  Olaf Kehrer, Gerrit Schulte
Commercial Register: Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 73245
VAT-ID DE205131766

* ----------------------------------------------------------------- *
This email and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. The
unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this email, or any
information contained, is prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
email. 

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:01:05 +0200

> A first proposal for the event schedule is Monday, March 10th until

This week is kind of surprising -- do you want to make sure no ROHCer  
can attend the 71st IETF?

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:21:58 +0200

In addition, I think it make no sense to set up a date before being very clear 
on the purpose and on the scope of this event.

Looking at the web site advertised in the posting, I cannot find information 
regarding what profiles and specifications this event would target, and what 
features are expected to be tested (are there any features left to test for 
RFC3095/RFC4815?) 

I definitely think that you should have at least contacted the new RoHC chair, 
at least to check how it relates to the scope of the current activities of this 
WG as well as to announce more clearly your intents, before posting to the list.

But that is just my opinion, as usual.

Cheers,

///Ghyslain