Subject: [rohc] last call notice

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 10:46:38 +0200

The I-D draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-15.txt is in (IETF) last call
and has a clear impact on compression...

Regards

[email-masked]

Ref: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg04765.html
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carl Knutsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:46:30 +0200

Francis,

Thank you for pointing this out. I have nothing to add to the section
that discusses header compression. I believe text is correct.

The compression efficiency for ROHC and ROHCv2 profiles will be degraded
if the RTP X bit changes frequently. Larger packet types will be sent.
ROHCv1/v2 will not compress RTP extensions, so the compression
efficiency will be degraded compared to a header without RTP extension
The same amount of bytes will be compressed away both with or without
extension if the X-bit is stable.

I can see reason to changes or modify existing ROHC profile to add a
scheme for RTP extension at this present time.

Regards,

Carl Knutsson