Subject: [rohc] ROHC interoperability questions

From: "Robert A. Stangarone Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:00:15 -0700

Greetings everyone. I am currently working to develop an interoperable 
ROHC specification, and have the following questions:

1) It is possible to achieve interoperability between ROHC 
implementations based solely upon a specification without compression 
code implementation details, or does the specification require inclusion 
of compression code implementation details?

2) Are there any existing interoperable ROHC implementations? (i.e. a 
implementation where the compressor and decompressor have been produced 
by different vendors)

Thanks,

Bob Stangarone
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Biplab Sarkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:14:33 +0530

Hi Bob,

For interoperability, any ROHC compressor should be able to interact
with any ROHC decompressor provided they are RFC compliant . That could
be from different vendors. 

The interactions between the compressor and decompressor is through some
well defined channels (ROHC channels, Feedback Channels, Input/Output
Channel from Apps). 

So you should be able to test it across vendors just as a black box
module.

Thanks
Biplab