Subject: [rohc] Query regarding ROHC-TCP/IP Profile

From: pradeep shambhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 16:16:27 +0530

Hi Raffels,

                  Thanks for the information regarding Scaled
Acknowledgement Number , you have clarified my doubt completely. I am having
one more issue regarding the IP-ID random value.

If IP-ID is sequential then we are going to select the compressed sequential
packet format (1-8) , because IP-ID can be compressed using LSB encoding
method and we can place it into any compressed sequential format. But if
IP-ID is random then we select compressed random packet format (1-8). As
IP-ID field is not mentioned in the compressed random packet formats (RFC
4996), how can we send the IP-ID in such packet formats ?

With Regards,
Pradeep Shambhu

---

From: pradeep shambhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:03:20 +0530

Hi ,

With Regards,
Pradeep

---

From: Raffles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:27:36 +0100

Hi Pradeep,

I must reiterate I am not an expert on 4996. In particular although I'm
obviously familiar with TCP, I don't know much about IP ID behaviour.
However, I do notice that the DEFAULT section of the formal profile
specifies static encoding as the default encoding for that field. This
means that if a packet format doesn't specify an encoding to use, it
defaults to static encoding. Please re-read RFC 4997 if you need
further explanation on default encodings.

I am only able to answer this question because I just went and looked
up the DEFAULT section in the RFC, which of course you are able to do
yourself. I hope this answer helps you, but please do look up answers
in the RFC first before posting questions to the list.

Thanks.

Regards

Raffles

pradeep shambhu wrote:

Hi ,

If IP-ID is sequential then we are going to select the compressed
sequential packet format (1-8) , because IP-ID can be compressed using
LSB encoding method and we can place it into any compressed sequential
format. But if IP-ID is random then we select compressed random packet
format (1-8). As IP-ID field is not mentioned in the compressed random
packet formats (RFC 4996), how can we send the IP-ID in such packet
formats ?

With Regards,

Pradeep

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

--
Raffles (Robert Finking)
m: 0789 463 9887
e: [email-masked]
w: gluft.com

O O
OOOOOO O O O OOOOOO OOOOO
O O O O O OOOOO O
OOOOOO O OOOOOO O O
OOOOOO
we care about software

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Gluft Ltd. Registered No.: 6795336
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is
proprietary to Gluft Ltd and must not be passed to any third
party without permission. This communication is for information
only and shall not create or change any contractual relationship.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-----------------------------------------------------------------