Subject: Re: [rohc] New GPL ROHC stack

From: Didier Barvaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:03:55 +0200

Hello everybody,

> We are proud to announce the release of an updated version of the GPL
> ROHC stack.
> [...]
>
> The site will be hosted by launchpad : https://launchpad.net/rohc
> 
> (In principle, the site will be available in few days, thanks to
> Didier Barvaux)

The project is now available online at http://launchpad.net/rohc. As
some of you may have noticed, the site was under construction during
the last few days. At the time I send this email, everything should be
ready.

Feel free to download the last release and subscribe to the mailing
list to stay informed of new releases and features.

As Cédric Baudoin previously said, there is work in progress in a
dedicated branch to improve the library performances and support
constant IP-ID (§3.3 RFC 3843). The branch will be made public next
week. An announcement will be made on the website and on the library
mailing list.

Download release 1.2.0: http://launchpad.net/rohc/trunk/1.2.0
Read API documentation: http://barvaux.org/~didier/rohc/rohc-doc-latest/
Join the mailing list:  http://launchpad.net/~rohc/+join
Mailing list archive:   http://lists.launchpad.net/rohc/threads.html
Get help in FAQ:        http://answers.launchpad.net/rohc/+faqs

Regards,

Didier Barvaux
Viveris Technologies

PS: Cédric posted on both ROHC and IP-DVB mailing lists. I successfully
    subscribed to the ROHC ML, but all my attempts with the IP-DVB ML
    failed. If my email does not reach the IP-DVB ML, may someone
    forward this email to the list please ? Thank you.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:05:29 +0200

Dear all,

We are proud to announce the release of an updated version of the GPL ROHC
stack.
In the frame of a project involving the french space agency (CNES), Thales
Alenia Space (TAS) and Viveris Technologies (+ some internal work from TAS
and a collaboration between TAS and Viveris), various new features have
been added to the GPL stack initially developped by Martin Juhlin
(rohc.net).
This includes mainly:
- RTP profile
- IPv6 support
- tunneling support
- new improved packet classifier
- test and statistics tool to analyze the ROHC behavior
- non regression tool
- standalone library in user space
- context reset, fixed packet sizes, (basic) list compression support
- uncompressed profile now working
- various bug corrections and code cleanup

(See attached file: Compliance.rtf)

Moreover, a new branch will bee created with several performance
enhancements (leading to a dramatic reduction of the processing time per
packet), as well as the support of constant IP-ID (§3.3 RFC 3843), that are
currently under development.

(In principle, the site will be available in few days, thanks to Didier
Barvaux)

Please feel free to comment or contribute to the code. Hope this will help
to develop a completely free and compliant ROHC implementation

a+
Cédric